Thursday, August 22, 2013

The "day to day" update.

I just realized it's been awhile since my last blog post, so I figured now might be a good time to update you on what I've been up to lately:

Breakers of the Dawn: Breakers has been my primary focus as of late. I have myself on a pretty intense deadline, considering all my other obligations. Most of my free time is spent editing, and I'm about 30-40% done with this current edit. I'm hoping to have the book ready for publishing around February of 2014, which feels far away, but will be here quickly. I'll announce a more definitive release date once I have a better idea of exactly how long the last steps will take.

PASF Project: PASF is definitely on the back burner for now. I think the plot is really good, but with all my focus on Breakers at the moment, it's pretty much impossible to work on PASF. I'll definitely be coming back to it at some point. It's far too compelling not too.

Other writing projects: Recently I just finished up a short story that my day job employer serialized in their newsletter. It is a fairly specialized science fiction short that is centered around rock climbing. Overall I'm really happy with how it turned out and I received a lot of good feedback about it. Since it is so climbing focused, the target audience is fairly small, but I think there is a chance that one of the climbing magazines might be interested in it.

Outside of writing: I've been climbing a lot lately, as always. Sarah and I have a big trip to the Red River Gorge coming up in a little less than 2 months, so I'm definitely excited about that. It's one of my favorite places to climb. I've been biking more lately, trying to get my cardio up, plus it's an enjoyable way to explore the city.

Overall I've been keeping busy. Life is enjoyable and I feel like I'm making good progress on my goals. Good times!

A picture I snapped on a recent climbing trip in Rocky Mountain National Park.


Love life,
ZW


2 comments: